Hitron CVE 30360 VPN pptp

Hier dreht sich alles um die aktuell von Vodafone Kabel Deutschland, von Vodafone West bzw. im Rahmen der eazy-Tarife verschickten Kabelrouter der Marken Arris, CommScope, Technicolor, Compal, Sagemcom und Hitron sowie um die SuperWLAN-Produkte von Vodafone. Speedprobleme bitten wir im entsprechenden Forum zu behandeln, wenn ihr Ursprung nicht auf diese Produkte zurückzuführen ist!
Forumsregeln
Forenregeln

Bitte gib bei der Erstellung eines Threads im Feld „Präfix“ an, ob du Kunde von Vodafone Kabel Deutschland („[VFKD]“), von Vodafone West („[VF West]“), von eazy („[eazy]“) oder von O2 über Kabel („[O2]“) bist.
pelicanx

Hitron CVE 30360 VPN pptp

Beitrag von pelicanx »

Sorry for the english, but I dont speak german (but I live there).
I am trying to setup a pptp vpn and I have the Hitron router 30360.
I can connect to the VPN inside the home network, but cannot access it from outside. So I am wondering if this is not a router problem. I have read that for vpn pptp to work a router needs to allow IP protocol 47 (GRE). I have not found anything about this and about vpn in general in the manual. Do you know if this can be enabled, and how? Did anyone manage to get VPN to work on that router? Thanks (please answer also in german, I understand a bit).
Kunterbunter
Insider

Re: Hitron CVE 30360 VPN pptp

Beitrag von Kunterbunter »

Port and protocol forwarding is not possible in the Hitron router. You may switch your Hitron router to bridge mode in order to get your Hitron transparent. Then use your own separate router behind the Hitron.
jetzt bei: M-net ISDN Maxi komplett Aktuelle Datenrate 21997/1277 kBit/s
VoIP-Provider: dus.net Router: [KD Homebox] AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7270 54.06.05
Telefone: Siemens OpenStage 40 SIP, Siemens optipoint 400/600 SIP, FON1 Siemens Gigaset A2
pelicanx

Beitrag von pelicanx »

I think port forwarding is allowed, I did it. If it does not allow protocol forwarding this is very inconvenient. Do you think that at kabel deutchland they can exchange my router with another more capable? For example, the fritzbox, would that allow it?
Kunterbunter
Insider

Beitrag von Kunterbunter »

In the Fritzbox, VPN passthrough for the VPN protocols IPSec und PPTP is enabled by default:
VPN-Software eines anderen Herstellers über Internetverbindung der FRITZ!Box nutzen
However, you have to rent the Fritzbox 6360 from Kabel Deutschland for 5 euros per month. :(
jetzt bei: M-net ISDN Maxi komplett Aktuelle Datenrate 21997/1277 kBit/s
VoIP-Provider: dus.net Router: [KD Homebox] AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7270 54.06.05
Telefone: Siemens OpenStage 40 SIP, Siemens optipoint 400/600 SIP, FON1 Siemens Gigaset A2
pelicanx

Beitrag von pelicanx »

Ok, thanks a lot for helping me out. With the bridge link that you sent me, it means that I would need 2 boxes in the house, connected to each other? I have also telephone, would this be connected to the KD (hitron) box, or to my personal box (which I would buy)?
koaschten
Insider

Beitrag von koaschten »

The Hitron "wireless lan router modem" would be switched into bridge mode and act like a normal modem, which means you still have your POTS (analog phone lines) on the hitron box and have the LAN1 port to connect to a router of your choice which will then obtain the public IP address instead of the now transparent Hitron "bridge" modem.

You have 2 options:
a) switch hitron into bridge mode and buy and configure your own router
b) rent the Homebox 6360 which will replace your hitron router for 5€ / month
pelicanx

Beitrag von pelicanx »

Ok, thanks, I think I will try to connect 2 routers.